Renfrewshire is one of 32 council areas of Scotland. Located in the west central Lowlands, it is one of three council areas contained within the boundaries of the historic county of Renfrewshire, the others being East Renfrewshire to the east and Inverclyde to the west. It also shares borders with Glasgow, North Ayrshire and West Dunbartonshire. The term Renfrewshire may also be used to refer to this historic county, also known as the County of Renfrew or Greater Renfrewshire, which remains in use as a registration county and lieutenancy area.
Although containing the traditional county town of Renfrew, from which its name derives, the centre of local government in Renfrewshire is found in the nearby town of Paisley, which is the area’s main settlement. Renfrewshire borders the south-west of Glasgow, lying on the south bank of the River Clyde, and contains many of Glasgow’s commuter towns and villages, as well as rural areas.
This is our main area of expertise. We have done hundreds of such jobs to our client’s satisfactions.
Pigeons getting under solar panels. This results in bird fouling accumulation on the roof or panels which can:
- Reduce the power output of your panels. (see solar panel cleaning)
- Results in increased insect activity in your home due to the fouling attracting insects looking to feed on it or lay eggs in it- I have seen a house become infested with flies because of this.
- Panels becoming damaged by birds and stop working altogether.
- The birds not letting you sleep due to the noise they make on the roof 24 hours a day.
- Gutters becoming blocked with bird fouling and bird fouling in the garden
The Right Solution:
The best method of fixing this problem is to install a mesh based system (not chicken wire as some people commonly suggest) around the entire solar panel array. The benefits of this being done properly include:
- Being very discreet and not very visible from ground level
- Not invalidating the warranty of your panels
- Involves no drilling and screwing thereby preventing damage to your panels.
- Can be removed if necessary without any damage to the array to allow servicing.
Why you should use our service:
- Our staff are highly trained and experienced in carrying out all works specified and on this website and have worked for national companies in the past involved in these activities
- We offer full written guarantees for all our work
- We fully insured and members of the British Pest Control Association (see city pest solutions)
- We have all our own in house access equipment including tower scaffolds, ladders, roofing ladders, harnesses etc and are fully trained in how to use them
- We are mega friendly 🙂