Lanarkshire, also called the County of Lanark is a historic county in the central Lowlands of Scotland.
Historically, Lanarkshire was the most populous county in Scotland and, in earlier times, had considerably greater boundaries, including neighbouring Renfrewshire until 1402. In modern times, it is bounded to the north by Stirlingshire and a detached portion of Dunbartonshire, to the northeast by Stirlingshire, West Lothian, to the east by Peeblesshire, to the southeast and south by Dumfriesshire, to the southwest by Dumfriesshire and Ayrshire and to the west by Ayrshire, Renfrewshire and Dunbartonshire.
Lanarkshire was historically divided between two administrative areas. In the mid-18th century it was divided again into three wards: the upper, middle and lower wards with their administrative centres at Lanark, Hamilton and Glasgow, respectively, and remained this way until the Local Government Act of 1889. Other significant settlements include Coatbridge, East Kilbride, Motherwell, Airdrie, Blantyre, Cambuslang, Rutherglen, Wishaw and Carluke.
North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire have a joint board for valuation and electoral registration. There is also a joint health board, which does not cover Rutherglen and the surrounding area in South Lanarkshire. Without the northern portion of North Lanarkshire, this is also a Lieutenancy area.
This is our main area of expertise. We have done hundreds of such jobs to our client’s satisfactions.
Pigeons getting under solar panels. This results in bird fouling accumulation on the roof or panels which can:
- Reduce the power output of your panels. (see solar panel cleaning)
- Results in increased insect activity in your home due to the fouling attracting insects looking to feed on it or lay eggs in it- I have seen a house become infested with flies because of this.
- Panels becoming damaged by birds and stop working altogether.
- The birds not letting you sleep due to the noise they make on the roof 24 hours a day.
- Gutters becoming blocked with bird fouling and bird fouling in the garden
The Right Solution:
The best method of fixing this problem is to install a mesh based system (not chicken wire as some people commonly suggest) around the entire solar panel array. The benefits of this being done properly include:
- Being very discreet and not very visible from ground level
- Not invalidating the warranty of your panels
- Involves no drilling and screwing thereby preventing damage to your panels.
- Can be removed if necessary without any damage to the array to allow servicing.
Why you should use our service:
- Our staff are highly trained and experienced in carrying out all works specified and on this website and have worked for national companies in the past involved in these activities
- We offer full written guarantees for all our work
- We fully insured and members of the British Pest Control Association
- We have all our own in house access equipment including tower scaffolds, ladders, roofing ladders, harnesses etc and are fully trained in how to use them
- We are mega friendly 🙂
Email or Call us 01413780881